Dinosaur Discovery App
How to use the Dinosaur Discovery app
Dinosaur Discovery: Lost Creatures of the Cretaceous can be digitally bought to life with the Dinosaur Discovery app which is packed with loads of dinosaur action.
1. The Dinosaur Discovery app can be downloaded through iTunes or Google play
2. Find the Dinosaur Discovery posters featuring Spinosaurus or square markers like the one below, which can be found throughout the exhibition as well as on the back of the collectable Dinosaur Discovery exhibition cards available at the Museum of Tropical Queensland.
3. Launch the Dinosaur Discovery app and point your device at the Spinosaurus on the poster or over the square marker (you can practice on the example to the right).
* Note: to take photos through the app you need to allow it to access your photostream – instructions below.
4. Then watch as the dinosaur comes to life on your screen.
5. Once you have your dinosaur where you like it, take a picture to share on social media and tag #dinodisco
Allowing the app to access your photostream
The app needs to be able to access your photostream if you want the photos you take with the app to save to your phone's photo gallery.
You will have the option to allow this when you first use the app, otherwise you can enable this through your phone’s privacy settings.
If you need to activate sharing in iOS go to Settings > Privacy > Photos > then check that the Dinosaur Discovery toggle is activated and allowing sharing.
The dinosaurs featured in the Dinosaur Discovery app include:
- Velociraptor and Protoceratop
Download all square markers for these dinosaurs (2209 KB) .